As a Product Executive, you will have a key role in supporting the Product Manager in all aspects of product management. You will be the face of the company to our suppliers and a vital link for our sales team. Creating and maintaining great relationships with suppliers is pivotal to the success of the business. You will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills along with excellent negotiation skills, a firm hand at times, great attention to detail, perseverance and drive. It is vital you are passionate about Latin America, as the primary focus of the role will be related to this area of the world, although there may be opportunities to progress into other destinations in the future.
- Assist the Product Manager (PM) in the selection and refinement of product offered to clients
- Look for and implement new product opportunities that the business can add into its portfolio
- Planning and costing of website and ad hoc itineraries, always considering new product and ways to improve or refine the current portfolio
- Negotiate with suppliers for the most competitive rates
- Set contracts with suppliers and negotiate the best terms for Latin Routes / Polar Routes
- Write texts for hotels and excursions and load into the in-house system with accompanying images
- Monitor and update Country Notes to reflect changes and ensure information is accurate for clients travelling
- Maintain and develop loaded product in the in-house system for sales and administrative purposes
- Ensure that Latin Routes has up to date health and safety information on all products and keep up to date on issues relating to health and safety.
- Monitor FCDO Travel Advice and react to changes as necessary
- Provide support for the sales team with training and day to day product queries
- Assist in operation matters arising from any situations that arise in-destination, for example hotel changes, airport closures, local strikes etc
- Provide support to the Marketing team in product selection and development for marketing campaigns
- Provide support to the Client Care team in liaising with suppliers and collating information to be communicated to clients
- Investigate and assist in resolving complaints to improve customer service and avoid reoccurring issues
- Liaise with suppliers to get maximum contributions towards the production of any future brochures
- Keep up to date with commercial and product knowledge and changes, including hotels/flights/infrastructure in Latin America and any other relevant destination
- Assist with negotiating and arranging staff fam, educational and product trips
- Brochure production – assist in planning paginations, write, edit, and update copy, prepare briefs for external copywriters, source and select images, check pricing and proof brochure for accuracy and detail
- Build and maintain supplier relations - including representing the company at trade fairs, evening functions, road shows, training sessions and meetings where required
- Keep company website updated, proofing and maintaining offers
- Monitor sales and provide product related sales stats and trends to the management at regular intervals
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure effective communication.
- Competitor analysis and market research.
- Produce annual Product Reviews
- Assist in any other product related tasks as directed by the PM or Senior Management
Future Latin Routes Products / Brands
As the company grows your responsibilities may also be applicable to any additional holiday products, sub brands, sister companies or partners that the company creates. Flexibility During the development of the business and this new role, your flexibility is required to take up tasks not listed above, if deemed appropriate and practical by the management or the board. This will be discussed and agreed as and when necessary.
You will find an ideal candidate list below, but every point is not essential as finding the right person is most important.
- Experience in contracting and/or rates negotiation
- Commercially minded individual, with a drive to help the business grow
- Experience in the sale of tailormade or luxury holidays
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of the tailormade holidays sales process
- Extensive experience of long-haul travel, ideally including at least 1 country in Latin America
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactivity and a great level of problem-solving ability
- A helpful attitude to assisting all members of the team and management
- A good geographical awareness of Latin America
- A strong understanding of the products that Latin Routes offers
- Clear enthusiasm and passion for travel
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Pride in themselves and the company
The role is a hybrid one which includes 2 set days in our head office in Kingston Upon Thames, currently Tuesdays and Thursdays. This enables the team to be together for collaboration and support. For the other days you are welcome to choose whether you work from the office or at home and currently the majority of the team choose to work from home on those days. Your flexibility will be required to work at any location across London on occasion (such as travel shows) and there may be the occasional ad-hoc requirement to work an additional day or two in the office.
The hours are 42.5 per week, Monday-Friday, 9am – 5:30pm with 45 minutes for lunch. There may be the occasional requirement to work a shift of 10:30am - 7pm during the week. There may be the occasional requirement to work an additional Saturday, evening, Sunday and public holiday. Time for this is given back in lieu. Members of the Product team are also expected to attend evening networking events throughout the year where possible.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary of between £27k-£30k dependent on experience. Employees will also receive 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays and birthday). Please note we have a holiday embargo for the first 6 weeks of the calendar year. Additional benefits include pension, a generous company discount for personal trips, as well as the opportunity for company fam trips to our destinations.
There is a bright and vibrant atmosphere in our office and the team regularly socialise both at company events and informally. We are looking for someone who would be looking to be involved with this side of company life. Our office is located within a 5-minute walk of the shops, bars and restaurants of Kingston Town Centre.
To apply please email your CV along with a cover letter introducing yourself and why you want the role to email@example.com
To go back to our recruitment page please click here