Accounts Payable Assistant
As an Accounts Payable Assistant, you are responsible for the day to day running of the finances and making sure that all is in order. You will provide accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions, as well as reporting and managing payroll.
- Receipt and load client payments from our payment system and the bank into our booking system
- Raise invoices and chase outstanding payments
- Send monthly statements to consortia
- Make payments to suppliers, load these payments into our system and liaise with Sales staff on errors/mismatches
- Keep on top of credits owed and load these in our system
- Liaise and send system reports to the accountant and reconcile the three client bank accounts in Xero
- Understand and fix any finance or invoice issues in the system
- Liaise with team / suppliers / agents regarding queries
- Manage and submit payroll
You will find an ideal candidate list below, but every point is not essential as finding the right person is most important.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 6 months - 1 year’s accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Quick to pick up new systems
- Experience using Xero or similar accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication and Vendor relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Professional integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines
The role is a hybrid one which includes 2 set days at our head office in Kingston Upon Thames, currently Tuesdays and Thursdays. This enables the team to be together for collaboration and support. For the other days you are welcome to choose whether you work from the office or at home and currently the majority of the team choose to work from home on those days. Your flexibility will be required to work at any location across London on occasion (such as travel shows) and there may be the occasional ad-hoc requirement to work an additional day or two in the office.
The hours are 42.5 per week, predominantly Monday-Friday. Shifts during the week will be 9am – 5:30pm, with 45 minutes for lunch. There may be the occasional requirement to flex the working times in order to manage workload or responses from overseas partners.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary and employees will also receive holiday and a generous company discount for personal trips.
There is a bright and vibrant atmosphere in our office and the team regularly socialise both at company events and informally. We are looking for someone who would be looking to be involved with this side of company life. Our office is located within a 5-minute walk of the shops, bars and restaurants of Kingston Town Centre.
If you like the sound of the above and would like to apply for the role of Administration Assistant. Please send your CV with a nice introductory covering email to email@example.com.
Please note you will need to complete an accuracy test as part of the recruitment process.
To go back to our recruitment page please click here